Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Onnie's New Sweater

Hi, everyone!

So, I finished Onnie's sweater over the weekend! She's so excited about it, too! Here is Miss Onnie loving her bright new sweater.

This is a Lion Brand pattern called Spring Blossom Baby Kimono.

I used Lion Brand's Hometown USA yarn in Syracuse Orange.

I really enjoyed this pattern. It was very easy to understand and worked up quickly. I also learned how to increase my stitches beyond the pattern (for the sleeves). I'm sure this technique will come in very handy in the future.

Now my older daughter is waiting for hers. I'm thinking I may attempt to do the same style sweater with a lighter weight yarn and large needles so she'll have looser and more airy stitches... more like a cover-up than a sweater...





I'd love to hear about your first sweaters! Please feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment